1. The landscape design starts with a site meeting. Information is gathered and site conditions are reviewed. We discuss ideas, options and together formulate the basis of the design.
2. My design proposal will outline the design objectives, suggested plants and building materials. I will include photos, samples and project site visits so my client fully understands the design concepts, my services and associated costs.
3. Schematic Design. This is a site plan that includes the house and all site features such as utilities, topography and existing plants with the new design concepts. We will have a site review meeting to confirm the design and the features such as sizes, locations and materials.
4. Master Plan. This is a detailed construction plan that shows all features of the design, dimensioned and noted for contractors to bid and build the landscape plan.
5. I will obtain required permits, gather construction estimates and start scheduling the project.
6. Project Management involves site meetings with each contractor to review and layout the design on site. I will pick out materials at stone yards, lumber yards and nurseries and make frequent site visits during construction to review site work and assist contractors with any questions.
7. Maintenance Plans. After construction is complete the proper maintenance is important as the landscape matures. I help the client and their team to determine methods and schedules that work best.